Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Presentation topic

In class every student covered a different topic about some part of the virtual world. Whether it be a cool piece of tech, or the types of communities that form online. However I wanted to talk about on topic, and that is AI. Artificial Intelligence is progressing and will soon be a serious issue humanity needs to discuss with ourselves. Personally I am all for AI, I loved the presentation on self-driving cars and I think that that would be a huge improvement not only for the safety of our society, but for the environment as well. One of my favorite parts of the presentation on self-driving cars was the different levels we now have for different types of cars. I hope that we can reach a stage in society where everyone has a level 5 self-driving car, which is a type of car that all you have to do is punch in the destination then sit back and relax. I would be a huge fan of that, but not just because that means I can sit there on reddit the whole drive, it also means I will be safe if I am surrounded by other self-driving cars too.

Artificial Intelligence is such a big change that can have such a positive impact on our society, however like the presenters mentioned there are risks as well. We have to keep in mind the hazards that it could present, and not only that we have to have the technology it takes to get there. Even our fastest super computers probably can't preform all the tasks it takes to for a computer to think on its own like a real human can, we are close to getting there, but not Westworld AI level close. (Hopefully Westworld would never be a real thing in the future too). I loved learning about AI and I am very excited to see how far it will progress over my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment